Sunday, July 22, 2007


I love this view. This is what we see when we look out our back windows. It is also the reason I spend as little time as possible in the city. When I have to leave it annoys me. It's like leaving your vacation early. Also, I buy like crazy when I'm at the grocery store so I don't have to go as often. Maybe the newness of this place will wear off but for now, I feel like we live in a storybook.


Darren has a new hobby! He spent the weekend mowing the pasture around our house. I would look out the window and he would be driving it with a big smile on his face. He also let the kids take turns riding with them.... we're such country folk now.

Connor made his debut at church today. He's 5 weeks old and I finally (after serious pressure) decided it was time to start going again. We got to church - on time but without Connors shoes and socks on him. Darren put his socks on and Connor smiled like crazy. This was his first time wearing socks and he seemed to like it... that or he has really tickelish feet. Sweet baby.




Connor at 5 weeks and 14 lbs. I'm actually going to talk to the doctor about his massive weight gain. I'm pretty sure we're not slipping sterroids in his formula.



Last but not least... crazy Chelsea. This is quite the dress up costume she put together. I think it was probably a little hot but she suffered through. She loves to play and keep us entertained. Today at church she asked when she was supposed to go up and sing for everyone. Ever since the primary Christmas program she thinks it's her job to perform every sunday for the ward. She would if we let her that's for sure.

7 comments:

Shelese said...

WOW, what a view. I'm so jealous... I should post a view of our backyard. I'm laughing thinking about it... it's so "city"ish. I love your new house, I'd love to see the inside too to see how your floors and kitchen cupboards turned out. Do you like them?

(You're a babe by the way, love your hair!! gorgeous!)

Erika said...

I'll take pics of the cupboards and floor soon and give you a virtual tour. Yep - I love how they turned out. And funny you should mention something about my hair - I have a hair cut today and I was thinking of cutting it off... yikes. In a bob like Jenny McCarthy.

Kara said...

Yes, you're view looks heavenly! Eager to see the inside photos when you have a second. In the two or three months right after Jack was born he was so chubby it looked like someone stuck an air hose in him. The doc said he had acid reflux (or GERD) and the reason he wanted to eat ALL the time was because the milk going down was the only thing that made the burning feel better. They put him on some baby antacid of some sort and it helped a lot till he grew out of it at about 6 months. Anyway, there's my two cents on the sitch. We're packing today to leave tomorrow for Seattle for a Holmes family reunion the rest of the week. Temps in the 70's! I'll take it!
P.S. I also was admiring your lovely locks. You ARE a babe! :-)

Adrianne said...

looks like a greener version of Rigby! I'm sooo glad you're blogging, and am hoping for more in-depth conversations on the beckham's move to America...

Torrie said...

Boys and their toys. I wish we only had one tractor. But it is nice he can take one of the kids with him. Love your pictures. I love the country also but with the hundreds of houses going in all around us it is starting to not feel so countryish. Can't wait for more pix of the house

Kendra said...

I'm in love with your set up. Like the others, I can't wait to see more. I'm laughing so hard about the chubby guy. He is so cute - as are the girls and you look perfect, as always...

Kendra said...

P.S. I'm very impressed with the blog and pictures and such.