Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thank you Cala

My mother-in-law came over to see the kids today and I totally got sold out! (not that she is that kind of mother-in-law) Cala was being very helpful and doing some cleaning. She was dusting the piano and looked at her dust cloth and it was... well... filthy. She walks up to Marilyn and says - look how much dust was on our piano. I'm the only one that ever cleans it. Then a bit later when I was telling Marilyn how helpful Cala is - she chimed in and said, "I even hold Connor and take care of him while my mom sleeps in." Luckily my mother in law doesn't judge me... she just smiled and continued talking - or maybe she was just doing damage control. She did do my dishes before she left though... she's helpful and I'm completly fine with it. Really can't complain - she came to my rescue after Connor was born and pretty much just took over for 3 days. It was great. Too bad I can't convince her to do it again. I could really get a serious break.

4 comments:

Shelese said...

Ha, that is so funny. Maybe your mother in law is impressed because I am... in need to teach my daughter how to do those things!!

Torrie said...

This all just makes me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle today. I love the thing about how you sleep in. Gotta love those kids.

Adrianne said...

You have to get up in the night to feed a baby, I highly recommend you take any chance you get to sleep in! You MIL sounds like mine...It doesn't really matter if she thinks I'm a bad wife because I hired a cleaning woman to iron Mario's shirts, she'd never say anything!

Jessica said...

Yay! I'm so glad I've found you. And, seriously, anyone who you invited to read this blog knows that you are not really a slacker in the cleanliness department.