Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My 8 seater SUV actually holds 10.

Whew... I am glad to be home and finished with all the summer vacationing. School starts for us on
Thursday and I'm looking forward to the routine it brings. I'm a bit sad to see the nice weather go so quickly. When we got back to Calgary (Sunday at 2 am!) I could feel fall in the air. Seriously, I hate that about this country - 8 weeks of summer - 4 of them good. Anyway, we had fun with family in Idaho and a good time with the Randalls at Tie Lake and here in Calgary.

We did have a little excitement before we left. I noticed the Kleenex box in the car was a bit chewed up the sides as I was driving home one day. It didn't take me long to figure out what it was... a mouse! Seriously, I drove home so fast I was probably nearly flying. A further investigation revealed that mouse crap was everywhere and my car being sooooo clean all the time and all - well it took a while for me to actually notice. Long story short - we didn't have a mouse.... we had two. Someone could have paid me 5 bucks and I would have given them the car. Darren came home and completly disinfected it - set 6 traps two different nights and bingo... The worst thing about it... I know one was in there at least 2 weeks. The kids got a huge lecture about leaving the car doors open and food in the car. Disgusting. I chose to drive Darren's one ton diesel truck the remainder of the week... you know, the kind of truck you have to get a special license to drive. But, I was thrilled to be driving it. I can't believe I didn' roll the car. And lets face it - the mice hit the jackpot when they discovered the car... and endless supply of food... uguuhhhhhh. Hope no one has to endure what I had to... it still haunts me and I'm always making lots of noise when I drive.. in case word spread in the mouse kingdome about the paradise that is my car. yuck!!!

so, back to school and back to schedules - should be a killer transistion for us all.

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

That is a fantiastically disgusting story. Should you have caught the mice when driving and been forced into an accident, you surely would have made the news!

Torrie said...

I have never heard of such a thing! Did you get them in Idaho because I do not want any mice around here pleasuring on goodies in my car which I must say are plentiful. Thanks for the disgusting story. I can't believe you made it home with the mice in tow. I would have been a nervous wreck driving.

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. Did you read my church bag/ants post back in June (or July)? We are white trash twins!

Kendra said...

I must admit I liked this story better when you told it in person. It was so fun to have you here and be able to go walking just like old times. I miss you so much! Sorry about the disgusting mice. I hope they stay in Canada with you, b/c they could really live forever in our vehicles as well!