Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baby Phat


I took Connor to the pediatrician where he was tested for sterroids. He weighs a "healthy" 17 pounds and is 25 1/2" long.... making our car seat illegal. Our doctor runs the child obesity clinic here in Calgary and assured me his growth rate is fine - he's just on the bigger side of things. I tried to make a fat joke but he didn't think it was too funny. I hate it when people don't get me. Anyway, all is well but we're hoping the growth rate slows down a bit. It would sure be nice if he could wear the same clothes longer than 3 weeks. I probably should not let him wear a shirt that says "Mammoth" on it. Oh and remember, the camera adds 10 lbs.

3 comments:

Torrie said...

This kid is huge!!! and very cute. When I worked in a doctor's office a baby not so huge as conner came in and I said oh how cute you chubby little baby. Keep in mind the baby is 2 months old. The parents got very protective and spent the at least 5 minutes while I was taking vitals to tell the baby how precious and awesome she was and that she was not chubby or fat....hum. Can we go overboard the other way??? Phat is cool right?

Jessica said...

I get you! I love the shirt and you are saying all though he looks like he weighs 27 lbs (my Seth-at 2-today weighed 25 lbs), he's really a svelte 17?!

Adrianne said...

Who cares, he's adorable. You must have "solid" kids like Tiffany!