Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home from the Holiday

We are back from our lovely January Holiday to California. We lucked out and got the one week in CA that was warm and sunny - no rain and missed one of the many weeks in Calgary when it was cold, snowy and miserable. The girls were great on the trip and Darren and I decided we could travel the world with those two - they are so good. However, baby Connor - not so much fun. He was good but, who wants to take a 7 month old who naps 3 times a day and goes to bed at 7 pm on a vacation. He only napped in his stroller and we paid for it an night - he would get up at least 3 times. But, that's how life is now and considering the extreme lack of sleep he endured very well. We had a blast at Disneyland, Sea World and shopping. Darren really scored in the shopping department and I'm regretting a number of things I didn't get - we just needed more time. We also got to see a lot of family, laughed a lot and spent everyday outside! Now it's catch up time. I have lots of photos but they will not upload - I'll work on it.

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Glad you had fun and escaped the cold for a week at least. I can't wait to see pictures.

Jessica said...

We've been missing you!! And weren't we supposed to hook up in CA?

Tiffany said...

Can't wait to see the pictures when you get it figured out! I could use some sunny CA weather right now.

Oh - we got Kristin's announcement in the mail. What a fun surprise! She looks beautiful!

Laurie said...

Hello again! Can't wait to see your pics!

Adrianne said...

Gabe was great - but it was totally the same thing...we missed doing things so he could get his morning nap, he missed his afternoon nap/s, and consequently almost never slept through the night... so sad we couldn't hook up!