Monday, March 10, 2008

Big Days!



He may weight as much as a two year old - but our Baby Connor is now 9 months old. He's on the go - crawling at the speed of light, standing up whenever possible, he knows his name and will follow simple directions like "up" and "come here" and also has added clapping to his list of talents. I have also been betrayed - he now officially prefers his dad. My efforts to turn him into a mama's boy have gone totally unrewarded. I'll just have to settle for being the star during the day and loosing my title when dad's around. I love this boy! (side note - another mom at the mall asked me how old my baby was - when I said 9 months, she gasped, and asked how much does he weigh? 24 pounds I said (even though that was weeks ago). Her 20 month old didn't weight that much. She was shocked.




A 7 year-old is in the house folks. Cala had a birthday this week and what celebrating we did. She took treats to her class at school then, after school we had a party at the bowling alley. The kids had a great time bowling for about 20 minutes, at which point Darren and I turned into wranglers. We made it through the game - all 12 kids and CC ended up winning - much to the disappointment of the 2 boys at the party. Cala had a cake with a dog on it, got too many presents and got to wear a new summer outfit to her party even though - summer is clearly a long time away. Her favourite gift - horseback riding lessons - starting on Saturday!

3 comments:

Janell said...

Oh my goodness! You have a little man in the house! He's so cute- I'm dying to think of what he'll be doing by the time I get to see him. Give Cala big hugs from us, and tell her Jethro says "Happy Birthday" too! Hard to believe it's been seven years already...

Adrianne said...

So adorable. We need to get himtogether with Gabe, who isn't trailing too far behind at 22.5 lbs!

Laurie said...

At least he's crawling now so you don't have to lug that weight around all the time!

I agree with Cala about the favorite gift. Maybe I'll ask for that next year for mine. :)