Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Buzz



Chelsea also started school. Here she is with her teacher Mrs. Thibadeau. The pre-school is in a small community center about 5 minutes away from our house and I am really, really enjoying the commute. Plus, school is the same time as Connor's nap. Talk about peace and quiet. CC was so excited for school, and thrilled about the fact that she had to have indoor shoes.



What a difference a month can make. Connor is really walking now and has totally give up on crawling - even if he falls. He's all over the place and climbs on everything. Seriously, he's a monkey. He ruined my keyboard by climbing up on my desk and dumping a can of Coke on it. He can't stay off the table and here he is on his little table in his room. Plus, note the hair - it was getting so long and I thought we would just keep the shaggy look for a while. But then....



Can you say BUZZ! My friend was here the other day and told me he can no longer pull off the shaggy look. It simply doesn't work on babies. So, right then and there - she took the clippers to him and he lost it all. I still feel like I have a different baby. I'm sure he's acting more grown up and he doesn't look the same at all. He does keep patting his head to try and find his hair. I really like not worrying about what his hair looks like. He looks so much older and I know I'm his mom, but I have to say - the new cut makes his face look thinner as well. What happened to our baby?!!



And... I like to call this photo: "When bad things happen to good people." A simple fall in the mudroom on a locker is to blame for this bash. CC and Connor were playing and I head screaming. There was blood running down his face, I picked him up and headed to the laundry room for clean up. And seriously one of my first thoughts was, "I hope he doesn't get blood on my sweater. It's new and from Nordstroms." What is wrong with me. But that's another post. I knew he would be okay but, also knew he would need stitches. (we have a modeling career to worry about) I wiped him off, gave him a sucker and if you were to have timed it, he probably only cried for 4 minutes. The sucker ended the tears. Which started again at the Urgent Care Center when the Dr. numbed his head and sewed him up. They made me leave the room because the tied him down while they did all this. They were more worried about me - but, for some reason, it didn't really bother me. I don't like to see him in pain, but seriously, what can I do and in a matter of minutes, it will all be over. Plus, he screams every time I put him in the car seat. But, it's gotta be done. End of the day - he's fine. (Except for being fussy because we're giving up the morning nap and the transition is no fun. I forgot about this.)

7 comments:

Janell said...

Great war wound, Connor!

Cunning said...

HM....had this happened since we talked last???

Kendra said...

I'm loving the buzz cut - fits him much better. And the fact that you were most worried about your new sweater had me falling off the chair laughing. I hate it when they put them in those mummy things for stitches. It about breaks your heart, but, seriously, just a few minutes and it's over. We got the crying down with a carton of Jello after the stitches. (I was fine...J was in the corner about to pass out while they stitched up her lip!) I miss you!

Laurie said...

Good thing you walked in to find him and not Darren!

I remember when they strapped Gabe down in the wrap for his first eye exam and they asked if I felt bad that he was screaming. Honestly, I didn't, cause he screamed like that ALL day and night anyway.

And love that Chelsea is into the shoes. And Connor's face does look leaner with the haircut.

Adrianne said...

Cutting your baby's hair is depressing... I keep wanting to go with the shaggy look as well but it doesn't seem to be working for Gabe either. I think I need to start giving up the morning nap, but I'm too addicted.

And I would have worried about my new sweater as well, so if you need counseling sign me up as well!

Jessica said...

Hey! Any random chance you'll be in Idaho Falls 10/9-10/12? My brother's blessing his baby there and I thought I'd kick myself if I didn't take a chance.

And as if Connor needed to look more tough?!

Tiffany said...

Can I sign Loie up for the afternoon preschool too? I could really use that during naptime. Sorry about the keyboard.... McKay is a climber too. It definetly makes things interesting. I walked into the kitchen the other day to find him on the counter and a glass shattered on the tile.

And I have totally thought about what I'm wearing first thing when I see blood. Sign me up too.

Missing you! Can't you rendezvous in CA next June with me and Jessica? I've never even seen your kids!