Friday, January 16, 2009

December did happen... right?

I have no idea why Christmas feels like it happened 6 months ago - can someone explain that one. Here's what we were up to... starting with the last event first.

Okay... we went to Idaho after Christmas and it was a blast. We stayed a week and most importantly met baby Molly Randall. She's 3 months old and seriously, probably cuter than my own kids were. She's a charmer and we're sooo glad she got here safely and soooo glad her poor mother has finished her stay on the couch. Andrea has been through a lot with this one and I totally admire her for just simply getting through it. Alison, Kristen and I are now completely nervous of getting cancer. Thanks Dad and Andrea for always hogging the attention with illnesses no one can explain. But we glad you're all right... physically.



Next, can you say Jingle Bells. This performance was one for close relatives only. But we're happy CC agreed to share the stage for a group number. She performed a few songs by herself with her signature vibrato and thanks to Uncle Wade for the flower presentation at the end. She really asked for roses but... what do you do?



This is Richard and Lindsay's Reagan... once again as cute as my own kids. She's adorable and she knows it. She poses and works the room. I'd be nervous Rich. Connor is no longer scared of her - he must have been intimidated by her beauty. Thanks for letting us crash at your house for a few days Byrams. When can we return the favor?



I call this picture - "A window to the future." This is Alison and Wade's 8 year-old Spencer... that's right, he's 8 and a chart topper. I won't publish his dimensions because that's rude but, he's the sweetest, most helpful, fun personality little boy ever and if Connor grows up to be as big as him - and like him, it's a victory for us.


Backing up now... before Idaho we stayed in Lethbridge with D's family for a little reunion. The hotel had this amazing water park and the kids tore it up. I love this pic. of CC... if we all could live in her world there would be much happiness. She even had a good time despite the fact that her mom didn't pack her swim-soup cover up.


Connor acted like a complete baby and sat very still and quiet on the sidelines cuddling with grandma. Next year, he's getting thrown in. You'll be happy to know this photo has inspired my New Year's resolution.... drum roll please... I promise to get a tan.... or at least a little color. The crazy thing... every day for a week before the swimming party I put on self-tanning cream. I think I might need my money back. And now that I look at it... maybe D and I should have the same resolution.




And this is Connor Christmas morning - in his old pj's because he couldn't stay awake long enough on Christmas Eve to open his new ones. But, the finger puppets and fire truck were a huge hit. He played with them for at least 30 seconds before returning to his past time of taking apart the house and annoying his sisters.


Here are the girls Christmas morning. You can't see the dark circles but... they are there. Cala woke up at 2:30 am and didn't go back to sleep! Now that's dedication. She even stayed in her room... waiting. CC told me that she slept because "kids who can't sleep on Christmas get special magical help from Santa to sleep becuase that's just important. And do you think I could have special magical powers. And other times when I can't sleep, Santa can't help me because it's not Christmas so it's okay for me to just get up." All that in one breath.



And whew... that's what we were busy doing instead of blogging.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

So glad you're back. Looks like you were busy and had a lot of fun.

I'm so ready for my kids to stop being sick.

And hello--I'm so impressed you are posting pictures in your swim-soup!! You look great!

Jessica said...

I really love the summaries the best (especially from talented, amusing writers, such as yourself).

Kendra said...

I love these monthly updates. First of all, that picture of Spencer...he totally looks like a mini-Jess. Serious. Next...Z has the same swim suit as CC. Love Target! And...I'm with you on the tan. J won't even wear shorts anymore b/c he's so embarrassed of his whities and I don't mean undergarments. I'm talking, legs, baby!

Thanks for dinner at BJ's Bayou...very interesting place! I loved spending time with you two!

Adrianne said...

ha ha. I had surgery on my nose and afterwards asked the doctor if I had to stay out of the sun and he looked at me and said "yeah, but looking at you it's obvious you already don't go in the sun so I didn't mention it". thanks for the argentine honesty!

Janell said...

Chels's glasses are so cute! Looks like you had a great Christmas with the families. And can I say, Connor is even more of Darren's mini-me every time I see him! Loves to everybody :)

Shelese said...

Erika I loved your post! Sounds like you had a awesome month of December! I hope you see you in Idaho one of these times when you're there. You have such a cute family.

Meg and Brad said...

Hi Erika! I found you through Kristen's new blog - and it's been fun to read some of your blog and catch up on your family! They are so cute - and still growing! I'm now a faithful reader!!

Tiffany said...

Hi friend! I'm slowly trying to re-enter this world. The holidays just put a halt to it -- beginning in October! I've got to do something about that because now I just feel so behind.

How fun that you could spend time with your family during the holidays. I didn't know of Andrea's illness, but it sounds like things are looking better for her? Your family really does seem to attract unknown illnesses!

Any chance you are going to Women's Conference this year????
Missing you!