
She is so funny about her glasses. She loves her cleaning cloths - which is ironic because I'm the only one who uses them. Going to church on Sunday she was telling me the following. "Mom, if you're like wearing an outfit and it's going wrong, one of the things you can do is change your shoes, change your belt. But me, I'm lucky because I wear glasses so they're always like a part of my outfit and they match anything. So my outfits mostly don't go wrong because hello - I wear glasses. And also, you cant wear a busy top with a busy bottom - even if they are the same colors. Stuff like that doesn't work. Those are some of the things I'm learning." Awesome. I hit a bird in the car a few days ago, CC said, "Don't worry mom, Canada has lots of birds." We shaved the dog - a black and white border collie - Daisy comes back home and CC says, "Sweet, we got a Dalmatian. In response to just about any question you ask her: "I have no idea." And, a least twice a day, "Who's your favorite child? And don't say Cala's your favorite 8 year old and I'm your favorite 5 year old." Finally, she got a new primary teacher at church. He was in Darrens youth group at church but graduated and went to BYU for a year. He's back while he waits for his mission call - on Sunday, he's now stuck with a bunch of 5 year-olds. CC was telling us about her new teacher and said, "I don't know his name but he used to hang out with dad." Oh ya - one more thing. Ballet class. For a big stretch she didn't want to go. I kept telling her if she wanted out of it she had to talk to her teacher. One day after class she said, "I asked my teacher about quitting. She said to talk to you." Don't worry, we're not quitting until the recital is over next week. But she has started to like it so I glad I didn't let her quit.
5 comments:
Look at you. Teaching that girl everything she knows about fashion. Job well done.
She's so WISE!!! And don't you love really helpful advice, like keep the 2 year old away from the glasses??? Gabe likes to put on Mario's glasses by stretching the sides toooooooooo far apart. I told him it's his job to keep them in a place Gabe can't get them.
Ha! I love her!
I love her glasses (and her fashion sense). We're getting the glasses at our house adjusted and re-ordered so often at our vision center, that I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and briefly thought the optician was somebody I knew from church. Yep, I also think I'm personal friends with the people at Costco too.
Anyway, I'm so glad our place sells a two-year warranty so my head doesn't explode every time someone bikes over his glasses, or lets the dogs eat them, or twists them in a fit of rage. We've had so many new pairs covered by those warranties, I bought an extra pair because I felt like I owed them.
I'm a huge CC fan right now....laughing :)
Personal Favorite, "And Wade it woudl be really great if you present me these lovely poinsettas."
Post a Comment