Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Summer to September CC Style

Welcome Back. CC has made some huge strides the past few months. She graduated from preschool in June.


Had her ballet recital in June - and even got her own bouquet of flowers. She loved being on stage and smiled like crazy even though she was a bit nervous.



She got to be in a parade this summer. We left crummy Calgary weather and celebrated the 4th of July Idaho style. All the kids rode on Grandpa's float and threw candy. It was 80 degrees and way to hot for the Canadians. CC got heat stroke. (woops) but ate tons of candy to make up for it.


And this was a highlight of the summer. CC got her first pedicure and will never be the same. Since then she and her friends have been busy giving each other pedicures and Connor now has the most manicured feet of any 2 year-old.



And the big day. CC is now officially in kindergarten. She got to take the bus on her first full day even though I wanted to drive her and watch it all. She told me I could just drive her to the bus. She won. She goes 2 full days one week, 3 full days the next so it's nice to have her home at least 2 days a week. Her teacher told me about a good laugh she had. Mrs. Scaddan was asking the kids questions about the calendar and writing answers up on the board. CC raised her hand and said, "Mrs. Scaddan, you need a pedicure." The teach had on sandals and said to me, "how many kindergarten kids know what a pedicure is?" Luckily Mrs. Scaddan realizes the mentality of 5 year-olds and wasn't offended - just amused. Aren't you supposed to give the teacher an apple - no insult her?

3 comments:

Cunning said...

Tell her to move by me and we'll get them together!(getting one on saturday)

Adrianne said...

You have created a Diva. I congratulate you. I need a pedicure BAAAD, as I can't reach my own toes to at least make them presentable...

Laurie said...

She is darling. Love the things kindergartner's come up with. I'll bet the teachers just go home and laugh.

So what has the rest of the family been up to?