The A is for ANDREA! I can't say enough about this sister right now. She kept our family together last week and this week, I'm really missing her. Andrea came on Monday and toughed out the harsh Canadian winter until Saturday morning. She made breakfast everyday, helped with the kids (Connor was revolutionized) and drove me to doctors appointments. (just to name a few things she did) I didn't lift anything heavy (see Connor) and my storage room/basement is in fine shape. I have to admit I felt guilty the entire week, knowing that I'm not doing the same for her and that she left 3 kids to come help me with mine. Guilty but very grateful.
She showed me a very effective way of dealing with Connor and his demands and tantrums. She holds out one hand and gives him one option, holds out another as she explains the second option. Is all he has to do is touch a hand to let you know what he wants. This has proved invaluable. He refuses to talk when he cries and not letting him have a voice makes him worse. The night she left he said to me at bed time: "Do it like Andrea does." Point taken.
This little girl was a flashback to her Annie for Andrea. "Chelsea, are you ready for school?" Chelsea: "Um, well mostly, but I think I need to pack by backpack and maybe brush my teeth, then ya, I'm ready." So, there was no easier way of getting her out the door but Andrea made mornings easier by taking breakfast requests. Chelsea is now the biggest fan of Andrea's pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. We've already repeated that one this week. Chelsea also attempted getting out of school one day by saying, 'But Aunt Andrea is here and it's special. I should really stay home from school to be with her."
And Cala, well, she's just good, listens well and is happy to be around. She would come home from school and want to know where Andrea was. Cala, was insistent we all get manicures and pedicures when it fell though one day, Andrea took us all out for doughnuts instead. Well she tried but Cala came running back to me at the table and said, "Andrea needs your wallet to pay." But still.
Andrea, we miss you and love you like crazy. For the record, EVERYONE needs a Colonel in their lives... but you will always be ours.
4 comments:
oh! I miss you guys! And next time I PROMISE to buy the Tim Hortons! :)
if i throw my back out will she come to my house too? But she cant have my wallet to pay for anything.
You sisters have got it all figured out how to take care of each other! Well done :)
I am so sorry you have been going through all of this! I was keeping updated living at the Byrams but now that we have MOVED OUT I haven't heard anything about you, which I guess no news is good sometimes too. I wish we lived closer to help!
Post a Comment