Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Funny Kids

CC has been a little attached to me these days. She doesn't want to go to her friends house, have anyone over or actually leave the house. We've never had a clingy kid. I asked her if she wanted to go with mye and a few of my friends to lunch last week to celebrate my b-day. She said, "Will there be rice?" Ummmm, where did that come from? I assured her there probably would be rice - so she agreed. How random is that?

Cala is forever debating me about the nutritional value of lunchables. They are just about the worst thing a kid could eat - loaded with preservatives, fat, salt - you name it - it's artery clogging and probably stunts growth. She says, everyone in her class has had one for lunch at least once - and I mean every kid. I told her I care more about here than the other kids. She burst into tears and said, "the only thing you care about is my health." Like that's a bad thing.

Tonight while putting the girls to bed I was reminding them that Santa is going to start checking to see if they're good or bad. I explained they have to be good all the time or Santa won't give them a present. CC said, "Well, how about I be a lot good and just a little bit bad." It's hard not to laugh when they're so serious about what they've just said.


CC had her last day of gymtastics today. (Thankfully, I'm sick of driving) Darren left work and Grandma Marilyn even came. We had fun playing on all the equiptment and watching CC show us her stuff. The teacher was reminding the class about the slide safety rules. She said, "Class what do we slide down on?" Everyone says, "You're bum." But, CC said, "The slide." She's so blonde and adorable.



Connor 5 months stats. This is how he spends most of his time - putting anything reachable in his mouth. The poor kid is teething again - he's got his 2 bottom and now, 2 of his side top teeth have poked through. I hate that my kids start teething at birth. We've already been through one bottle of Tylenol and have one perscription for codine on hand in case things get really bad. He's now just over 5 months. He laughs, rolls over (it's quite the sight considering his stature) He's 21.5 pounds, in the big kid car seat, and in the 110th percentile for everything. They don't get bigger than this folks. He also is now in a size 18 - 24 months, but it has to be a baggy fit. He also has his mother wrapped perfectly around his little fat finger.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I hope you're printing these posts out to put in books for the kids. What a great chronicle of their antics growing up! They will love seeing these pictures and reading what you have to say about them. Did Cala ever say exactly what it was she wanted you to care about? That's a classic!

Janell said...

And once again I missed your birthday. Crap. You may feel free to disown me as a friend at any time.

Jessica said...

I am so happy that we get to know each others' kids through blogs...but we really should get together, since we're not THAT far. Let's plan a summer something!