Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day - First Blood.

I'ts Back to school again here in Canada after our pathetically short summer. But, the girls put on a brave face for their first day of school. Chelsea is now in the first grade and goes all day, every day. I'm thinking it will be an adjustment for her and I expect she will be exhausted for the first little while. She was awake this morning at 5 am - ready to go for the day... excitement got the best of her. And then bit her in the butt later in the day. Keep reading.

Cala is in Grade 4 and got the exact teacher she wanted and even got her best friend in her class. It was a good day for Cala and she is ready to hit the books again.


Here's where things got messy. I got a phone call shortly after lunch. There was the first mishap of the school year. Chelsea accidentally got kicked in the face on the playground. Her glasses smashed into her face and cut her eye. She was very upset about it and I had to go to the school to calm her down/insist that she stayed for the rest of the day. She told me she just wanted to cuddle with me in bed and that maybe she wouldn't even go tomorrow if it still hurt. It was the 5 am wake up call talking and her disappointment of not getting her friends in her class. But she got the GREATEST teacher so she'll have to make new friends and she will. I'm guessing that will be easier to do once she is no longer sleep deprived.
I was very proud of her for sticking it out even though she didn't want to. I know that even though the day was disappointing for her - she'll rise to the occasion and make new friends. I wish it could have gone better for her but, she learned something today and it wasn't easy. Here's hoping day #2 is better.

3 comments:

Janell said...

Good luck tomorrow, Chels :)

Lindsay said...

cute girls! I love their outfits. cant wait to see you guys!

jd said...

Cute kids, must be cause of the grand parents!!!!!!