Since school started I have been spending a lot of one on one time with this guy. I still wonder how it happened that I have only one kid at home during the day now - can't believe I'm that mom. Getting over that fact, we are having a great time. After taking two others to preschool for two years I decided to try something different. Connor and I do things together instead of a daily scheduled preschool. He loves his trampoline class, the play class while I do aerobics, loves his un-parented class at the Rec. Centre where he gets to swim and loves going and doing. However, he does not like to come home. When he notices we are heading for home, he'll tell me from the back seat that I'm going the wrong way and turn around! Everyday he asks me where we are going. A few times he has even suggested we go to the mall so he can ride in a stroller and eat popcorn. He has been spoiled. Has gotten toys at the grocery store, a zoo pass, playdates, and numerous lunches spent not at home. I"m really enjoying our time and the house stays much cleaner when we are gone for the day. He has even made friends with the workers who are finishing our basement and asked if Steve could come to his birthday party. Honestly, I think Steve has had it with his shadow. But, I'm paying good money for a basement development, might as well get the most bang from my buck. His antics are much more charming now that he's flying solo at home. (minus his new habit of peeing in garbage cans and the unfinished part of the basement floor. Why would he do that?) But still, I'll have to agree with my girls when they say one day that Connor is spoiled. Yes he is - but what's a mom to do?
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Star of the Show
Since school started I have been spending a lot of one on one time with this guy. I still wonder how it happened that I have only one kid at home during the day now - can't believe I'm that mom. Getting over that fact, we are having a great time. After taking two others to preschool for two years I decided to try something different. Connor and I do things together instead of a daily scheduled preschool. He loves his trampoline class, the play class while I do aerobics, loves his un-parented class at the Rec. Centre where he gets to swim and loves going and doing. However, he does not like to come home. When he notices we are heading for home, he'll tell me from the back seat that I'm going the wrong way and turn around! Everyday he asks me where we are going. A few times he has even suggested we go to the mall so he can ride in a stroller and eat popcorn. He has been spoiled. Has gotten toys at the grocery store, a zoo pass, playdates, and numerous lunches spent not at home. I"m really enjoying our time and the house stays much cleaner when we are gone for the day. He has even made friends with the workers who are finishing our basement and asked if Steve could come to his birthday party. Honestly, I think Steve has had it with his shadow. But, I'm paying good money for a basement development, might as well get the most bang from my buck. His antics are much more charming now that he's flying solo at home. (minus his new habit of peeing in garbage cans and the unfinished part of the basement floor. Why would he do that?) But still, I'll have to agree with my girls when they say one day that Connor is spoiled. Yes he is - but what's a mom to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The youngest is always the most spoiled, and best looking.
Post a Comment